We are looking for a Senior Test Engineer to join the Quality Engineering team, which is responsible for the quality of the Disney+ Hotstar streaming service under the auspices of The Walt Disney Company.
The Quality Engineering team ensures the overall quality of the streaming product by being the voice of the customer, enabling developers to test early, test different, test more, and empowering designers and product owners to strengthen requirements, test deeper and perform UAT.
As a Senior Test Engineer, you will be responsible for planning, designing and executing our testing and quality assurance activities.
You will also create and deliver an ecosystem of frameworks, tools, data and infrastructure towards high quality, reliable and rapid software development.
The growth rate here is incredible – if you want to solve challenging and interesting problems and make an impact on the business environment, let us know about you!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Collaborate with developers and product owners as an equal stakeholder right from sprint kick-off to eventual release and monitoring thereafter for success criteria.
- Bring expertise and clarity on quality risk, customer impact, and release risk of sprint items and work alongside developers and product owners to mitigate them.
- Create or make improvements to test infrastructure, environments, test frameworks, test data and/or mock interfaces to improve the testability of to-be-delivered product features.
- Review overall test coverage strategy for coming set of features and release items and work with developers to advise on where the gaps can be filled and the best approach for the same (Unit, Functional,non-Functional, Integration, End-end or Acceptance testing or Exploratory)
- Review and enable mandatory checks on PRs; highlight and document risks.
- Focus on enabling automation of tests for functional/non-functional testing by building scalable, capable, reliable test frameworks.
- ‘Templatize’ test writing, standardize conventions, styles, and syntax.
- Prepare and evangelize documentation or collateral around how to write tests including best practices for addressing test coverage, usage of mocks and data, test reliability and logging.
What to Bring
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred
- 5-8 years of experience as test engineer
- Experience with RESTful services automation; any BDD framework preferable
- Experience with mobile testing
- Experience with test automation
- Experience at least 2 from: Playwright (Web), Espresso (Android), XCTest (iOS)
- Experience with Java is a plus
- Experience with test framework development is a plus
- Perfect knowledge of the English language is must-have!
- Full-time (HPP)
- Prague or full-remote