DevOps Engineer is primarily tasked to modernize and improve software engineering practices. He works to reduce the amount of time developers spend on boilerplate configuration and code and to maximize the time they spend producing end users’ value. Is responsible for designing, introducing, maintaining and improving DevOps principles and standards in Pangea Digital. Is a go-to-person in terms of DevOps related items/issues. Ensures the DevOps knowledge is shared in Pangea and guarantees and enables knowledge sharing and transfer to other team members.
· Help with facilitating transition from monolithic web application system architecture to an opinionated, modular, end-to-end solution while building on top of proven solutions and best-practices from the community, industry, and inside the company.
· Spend significant amount of time helping developers use the platform, tightening feedback loops, understanding their needs and establishing bridge between the developers and the system administrator team.
· Ensures the DevOps knowledge is shared in Pangea and guarantees and enables knowledge sharing and transfer to other team members.
· Develop digital infrastructure and work on automated code to improve efficiency and release processes as well as to reduce risk.
· Identify technical problems and develop software updates and ‘fixes’.
· Work with developers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended.
· Monitor digital architecture, check for performance and compliance.
· Work with development teams on the building of websites, applications, and software pieces.
· Resolve issues and problems with systems and software, and to put in place measures to ensure these issues do not reoccur.
· Build frameworks for software and application deployment.
· Liaise closely with both development and operational teams.
· Stay on top of industry best practices and trends, as well as changes to compliance requirements.
· Extensive knowledge of at least one “mainstream” development language, with C# or NodeJS being preferred.
· Deep knowledge of modern operations, deployment practices, technologies, and infrastructure systems – including Linux systems, Docker / content containers, REDIS, RABBITMQ, GLUSTERFS, and SQL SERVER. Tanzu a plus.
· Expertise in configuring and troubleshooting application code running in a container orchestration environment, Kubernetes preferred.
· Experience with centralized monitoring tools such as ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana), Nagios, Zabbix and container system and application metrics (such as PROMETHEUS / GRAFANA).
· Expertise in CI /CD automation build system tools and frameworks such as Jenkins, CIRCLE CI, Azure DEVOPS or similar.
· Experience with infrastructure automation and delivery tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef or Saltstack.
· Experience with code analysis tools such as SonarQube, HP Fortify.
· Proficiency with scripting languages such as UNIX shell, PowerShell and Groovy.
· Basic knowledge and understanding of PKI implementation (server side).
· Familiar with networking and cloud infrastructure services, including content distribution networks, load balancing and virtual computing (nginx, varnish, squid, haproxy).
· Used agile development such as Scrum or Kanban, with the Atlassian stack (JIRA, Bitbucket, Confluence) as management SW preferred.