For our most important client a British multinational investment bank and financial services company with head ofice in London we looking for C++ Lead Developer.
Do you like to work in an open culture society where everyone has room to influence the working environment?
Where you can work anywhere in the world within a company after one year?
It has operations in over 40 countries and regional Development Center in Prague.
What will you be doing?
The successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day management of an agile team of 4-6 developers which will contribute to the build-out our system platform and also provide development. This is a hands-on technical team lead role with direct responsibility for the deliveries of the local team as well as strong focus on cross-region collaboration between Prague, London and New York based teams. The role requires expert technical knowledge in C++, strong appreciation of best development practices, good knowledge of enterprise architecture patterns and very good sense for what good-quality and maintainable codebase looks like. In addition, good people management skills are essential for succeeding in this role.
- lead an agile team of 4-6 developers in terms of project deliveries as well as line management responsibilities
- line manage all team members, including defining objectives, providing regular feedback and helping with setting up personal development plans
- recruitment and on-boarding of new team members
- contribute to design decisions and planning for project
- work closely with the quantitative analytics team and various risk management IT teams to define and agree the interface between our system and other systems
- ensure that the team delivers very good quality and maintainable code with high test coverage
- hands-on development, code reviews, unit testing, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor degree (or higher) in a technical, science, engineering, or mathematical discipline
- multiple years of experience as a development lead of a back-end system or framework
- very strong knowledge of C++, OOP and design patterns
- excellent knowledge of SW development best practices
- working knowledge of DevOps, source control, unit and integration testing, continuous integration
- excellent communication skills, excellent written and spoken English
- strong personality that can present and defend his/her viewpoint in front of senior stakeholders
- proactive, thorough, well organized and energetic
- excellent problem-solving skills
Skills that will help you in the role:
- experience writing C++ code running on both Windows and Linux is a plus
- prior knowledge of financial derivatives and their pricing and risk is a big plus, but not a strict prerequisite
- knowledge of additional programming languages such as C#, Java and Python would be welcome
- prior experience with agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
What the comany provide:
- 5 weeks holiday
- meal vouchers 90CZK fully paid by the company
- 60 Sick days per year fully covered by employer
- 3% of base salary for pension allowance (paid with your salary)
- 7 days extra for maternity leave
- technical, Soft skills and Finance training
- English and Czech language courses
- yearly Bonus based on personal and company performance (non-guaranteed bonus)
- assistance with Visa and Working Permit
- private health care – EUC Premium
- parking space in the office building area
- multisport card sponsorship (790 CZK deduction from your salary)
- possibility to work remotely if needed after discussion with the Line manager
- open culture where anyone has space to influence our working environment
- internal mobility after 12 months
- company events 2x a year
- various technologies
- graduates, Internships program
- multicultural environment
- working hours with some flexibility based on agreement with Manager
- team presentations
- wednesday Fruit salad day – provided to all employees
- relaxation areas (table football, play stations)
- once a week excercise/stretching in the office with proffessional instructor
- According to the candidate’s experience, based on your ideas and if you have sufficient experience, they accept your claim