The Test Engineer will be responsible for developing and executing test scenarios and test cases for different telecommunication products especially DSL-Routers including its telephony functionality.
The execution of the tests will be done manually or automatically. The tests and its results have to be described and documented.
The Test Engineer will need to work closely with other colleagues and teams.
|The responsibilities of the Test Engineer include but are not limited to:
· Create, maintain and execute test scenarios and cases as part of more complex test plans.
· Execution of test plans and its test cases including their documentation (e.g. TestLink).
· Usage of bug tracking tools for documentation and monitoring of the issues (e.g. JIRA).
· Implementation of according software based automated regression tests and monitoring of their execution results
· Finding of the issues and supplying more detailed information:
· (How to reproduce. Logging files ( syslog, packet trace, configuration )
· Prioritization of the issues that have been found based on the impact for the customer.
· Escalate urgent issues to the System Test Manager.
· Participation at regular monitoring meetings.
· Executing the tests for release of new firmware or support of the software developers.
· Good technical understanding on test of the ZYXEL Products.
|Necessary Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:|
|· Very good knowledge and experience of the programming language Python ( or “C”).
· Good knowledge of Embedded Software based on LINUX
· Good knowledge of Linux based shell commands and scripting
· Good knowledge and experience in using Version Control Software (git or svn)
· Good knowledge and ready for use of Telephony PSTN and PBX (POTS, ISDN, VoIP via SIP)
· Good knowledge of networking at all – TCP/IP, including practical experience with wireless, ADSL/VDSL, LAN and WAN products
· Good knowledge of Switching (VLAN, 802.1p, 802.1q, 802.1w, QoS)
· Good knowledge of Security (Firewalls, VPN)
· Good knowledge of WLAN (including its security aspects) and IPTV
· Good understanding of multiple desktop operation systems including MS-Windows, Mac, Linux
· Knowledge in Office applications.
· Good general computer literacy.
· Good English
· Good communication skills, both oral and written.
· Team player with sound self-motivation and drive.
· A problem solver with a desire to see through to resolution.
Salary: 50.000 Eur Brutto/rok /Fulltime