How about designing infrastructure that must withstand hundreds of thousands if not millions of concurrent users?
This product is an over-the-top (OTT) product used by leading telecom, cable, broadcast and media companies all around the globe to offer and deliver their catalogues and channels to end-users via product´s Apps for phones, TVs, tablets, PCs, consoles… basically any device where people watch videos.
All these apps are powered by the backend on infrastructure that you will work on plus an editorial interface used by our clients to manage their offering and to configure the apps. Product Team is mostly based in Prague and Turin but has colleagues in other places around Europe too.
Our partner, an international company in 19 offices globally is looking for a DevOps Engineer for a main product of the company – technical solution that enables clients to stream their media content to end users.
Take an opportunity to work for an expanding digital company whose client-base is well known in the Media and Broadcasting world (FIFA, BBC Worldwide etc.).
This company works with sport federations, confederations, leagues, and teams, as well as telcos, broadcasters, mobile operators, and studios. In fact, any organisation ready for their content to be seen by millions.
You will help them to bring sport and entertainment to life – they’re there in the background supporting the biggest brands and moments in sport and entertainment.
Company´s talented global team consist of more than 1,000 technologists, designers, and innovators.
Project & Technology:
Company´s infrastructure technology stack is all based on AWS services. They currently host their apps in a mixture of (Windows) virtual machines and (Linux and Windows) containers, but they would like to transition to (Linux) containers completely over time. They use Terraform for provisioning, EC2, ECS or Kubernetes for hosting, and continuously try to upgrade our technologies to the latest versions and best practices, all while maintaining and evolving some legacy components as well. They try to be agile driven, progressive, respectful and continuously improving how they work.
- Amazon Web Services (services like VPC, EC2, ECS/EKS, S3, Route53, CloudFront, CloudWatch and IAM)
- Networking, virtualization & all aspects of security
- Linux and Windows Server management
- Terraform / AWS CloudFormation
- Scripting (PowerShell / Bash / Python)
- Kubernetes, EKS
- Installation, configuration and on-going management of AWS solutions
- Providing technical guidance and support to development teams
- Performing system monitoring, verifying the availability and integrity of all servers, systems and key processes
- Design and setup of disaster recovery procedures
- Global company with huge growth potential.
- Small, creative, close-knit Engineering team who love to collaborate.
- Casual dress code.
- A whopping 25 days‘ annual leave.
- 5 sick days.
- Multisport card.
- Meal vouchers.
- Regular company and team social events.
- 24/7 casual dress code.
- Unlimited contract.
- Free refreshments in the office.
Are you interested? Do you have questions?