Are you interested in developing market leading VOD Android applications and working as a team leader? Do you prefer family – oriented company but with a huge international reach with clients like FIFA, Sony and many others?
Let´s work with a team of engineers to evolve and improve main products of the company – AXIS and Diva – on the Android platform.
We are looking for an experienced senior engineer with focus on Android development and leading a team. You will be working closely with the Director of Engineering to manage, maintain and improve architectural and delivery standards across the Android codebase; encourage, motivate and coordinate senior team members and be responsible for a high standard of product delivery.
You will be:
- playing an essential part in developing market leading VOD Android applications
- seeing your work engage with millions of users worldwide
- building your skills in a supportive, collaborative and Agile environment, working closely with passionate UX, BA and back-end teams
Global company with huge growth potential offers you to be itś member who will help to bring sport and entertainment to life.
Every year, the company powers more than one billion minutes of video, reaching every country in the world. But, our work does the talking – and with longstanding clients including BT Sport, FIFA, the NFL, and BBC Worldwide (USA), Sony, Channel 5, AT&T and many others we are proud to work with the best.
Talented global team of more than 1,000 technologists, designers, and innovators are driven by passion to change the way the world consumes content online. Whatever stage of the viewing journey, they’re there to innovate beyond expectation and provide our customers with the experiences their fans crave. Today, company is based in 19 offices globally.
We are looking for a passionate lead Android engineer who:
- has excellent technical skills in Android development, Kotlin and Java is experienced in RxJava and Dagger2
- understands and is able to communicate design patterns and architectural solutions is driven by high standards yet understands the business needs for product delivery
- is capable of communicating in-depth technically and translating such complexities to business and product managers in a way they can understand
- is capable of leading, coordinating and motivating individuals within an international team
- Is capable of providing guidance to improve a team’s code quality by example, training and code review, helping to upskill team members
- Can specify and deliver projects using sound software engineering principles with a strong focus on user experience.
- strives to deliver systematic fixes and high-quality features
- anticipates problems that others might have while using his/her code – and writes documentation or samples to help them
- appreciates peer review and understands the importance of QA and release deadlines
- has experience refactoring and improving standards of large business critical projects
- knows and understands performance optimization techniques and tools
- an ability to create and maintain comprehensive solution documentation
- Job in a global company with huge growth potential
- Small, creative, close-knit Engineering team who love to collaborate
- English/Czech courses
- 25 days‘ annual leave
- 5 sick days
- Multisport card
- Meal vouchers
- Be a member of regular company and team social events
- 24/7 casual dress code
- Unlimited contract
- Free refreshments in the office
Are you interested? Do you have questions? Let´s contact us.