Do you have an experience with people management in software engineering? Are you familiar with Agile management teams? Are you excited about managing backend engineering team and building coherent and effective cross-region teams?
Global company, newest technologies, interesting projects with international impact, friendly family-oriented company and much more! Sounds interesting?
Let´s work for this company in Prague office!
Global company with huge growth potential offers you to be it´s member who will help to bring sport and entertainment to life by their technical solution that enables clients to stream media content to end users.
Take an opportunity to work for an expanding digital company whose client-base is well known in the Media and Broadcasting world (FIFA, BBC Worldwide etc.).
This company works with sport federations, confederations, leagues, and teams, as well as telcos, broadcasters, mobile operators, and studios. In fact, any organisation ready for their content to be seen by millions.
This position is for an experienced Engineering Manager to help the company scale a cross-region team of backend engineers and solution architects in a fast-growing environment. A successful candidate is a data-driven people-focused technology leader whose success is achieved via highly effective and independent teams.
- Work with individual agile teams to understand requirements and talent demand
- Focus on hiring top talent across 5 regions
- Provide a smooth onboarding experience for the engineers and architects
- Develop and maintain a set of training materials
- Promote and celebrate backend engineering team achievements and success
- Work with Director of Backend Engineering on defining and rolling out architecture and software delivery best practices
- Coach and develop talent within high impact dynamic organization
- Support Global PMO and Delivery by building coherent and effective cross-region teams
- Promote people-first culture and provide a safety zone for the team members
- Work with the rest of the Engineering Manager community on establishing best practices in delivery, planning, and reporting
- Develop team expertise across a variety of company OTT products
- Maintain cross-region team spirit and sense of belonging
- Work with the B2B support team on updating knowledge base and escalation path
- Organize internal and external meetup and knowledge share sessions for team and company promotion
- Prior experience with people management in software engineering
- Hands-on experience with .NET development
- Solid knowledge of agile delivery methodologies
- Experience in customer software service delivery
- Ability to work with virtual teams across multiple locations
- Strong understanding of modern CI/CD approaches
- Basic knowledge of Project and Team Planning toolset (Netsuite, Tempo, MS Project)
- Familiarity with performance and development review processes
Welcome: experience with microservice architecture, Azure or AWS knowledge, experience with engineering “pager duty”
- Job in a global company with huge growth potential
- English/Czech courses
- 25 days‘ annual leave
- 5 sick days
- Multisport card
- Meal vouchers
- Be a member of regular company and team social events
- 24/7 casual dress code
- Unlimited contract
- Free refreshments in the office
- Start ASAP
Are you interested? Do you have questions? Let´s contact us.