Are you interested to be responsible for a small team of Android team? Do you like working in Brno and be a part of an international company?
Our partner develops a product that helps companies keep control of their mobile data and ensure its users are secure.
Work for our partner who was founded in London 2012 and now are spread worlwide. Join TOP proffesionals in Brno center – the company has 80 employees now, has a great offices in the center, informal working place and many events, parking places, benefits and of course – nice projects.
About team & project:
Android team is looking for a team leader who would take ownership over a team of developers creating a native Android application which provides users with an overview of their data usage and information about network threats.
The mobile app is not like most apps on the market because a big part of their features is implemented to operate in the background (network stack configuration, reachability checking, location tracking, packet classification). This brings many challenges and at the same time it is what makes our work interesting and dynamic.
- As an Android team leader you will be responsible for a small team of Android developers along with a dedicated QA in the team
- Your main responsibility will be to lead and continuously build a self-sufficient and self-organised team. This means you will help people learn to efficiently communicate among the Product Manager, Product Owner and the rest of the engineering team. Ideally, you will enable people to recognise which information should be shared with whom and achieve that people communicate with each other directly.
- Our engineering team leaders are responsible for the development of people from both technical and personal perspectives.
- Company expect you to be a role model for the people in the team and at the same time earn respect and be respectful to other people across the company. You should have strong communications skills and drive to foster an open culture and should not hesitate to give or receive direct feedback.
- You should drive long-term engineering initiatives and suggest ways to make the development process smoother along with being an evangelist for following best engineering practices inside the team.
Since your role includes technical mentoring of Android developers, you should have enough hands-on experience with the following technologies to make sensible technical decisions and know where the team could grow:
- Strong knowledge of both Java and Kotlin
- Networking (HTTP/HTTPS, DNS, VPN, understanding of TCP/IP stack in general)
- Experience with Unit, Integration and UI tests along with principles of dependency injection
- Knowledge of architecture patterns (e.g. MVP, MVVM, DataBinding)
- General interest in software design patterns and experience with using them in production code
- Functional Reactive Programming principles (RxJava)
- Security (Knowledge of various network attacks and familiarity with writing secure applications).
It would also be nice to know at least something about Android Enterprise, KNOX and MDMs.
- Modern office in the center with parking
- Contribution to education and training
- 25 days of holiday, 3 sick days
- Possibility of working from home flexible working hours
- Benefits +
- Multisport card
- Interesting finance.